How to search for a keyword in Safari on iPad or iPhone
As you know, we often share handy iPad and iPhone tips on our blog. Actually, we offer tips for all tablets and smartphones too. If we select your tip we send you a little something to say thanks, so submit your tip today.
This week we’re sending something cool to Jeremy Mitchell for his great Safari search tip!
- Go to any website on your iPad using Safari.
- In the search bar at the top right of the browser, start typing the word you want to search (click the image to see it larger).
- The search bar will give you two results. 1. “Google Suggestions” and 2. “On This Page”. Tap the Find “keyword” result (we used “Wilder” in the example).
- It will then highlight the keyword on the page. Also, at the bottom you will see an interface with a “Next” button. Tapping that will show you the next result for the keyword. It also tells you how many times your keyword is mentioned on the page (i.e. “1 of 5”). And you can use the search field at the bottom to search a different keyword (we used “Aimee”).
- This also works on the iPhone.
Do you have a tip to share? Submit it now, we may just send you something!