5 Ways to Make Mother’s Day Unforgettable
You know it, we know it: Mom deserves to be treated like it’s Mother’s Day 24/7/365. Unfortunately, she doesn’t always get the recognition she deserves. Spoil her as much as you can this year; here are five ways to make her Mother’s Day unforgettable.
Breakfast in Bed
Some call it cliché, but we call it a timeless classic. There is nothing better than waking up well rested and immediately being well fed. Timing is crucial on this one—you have to let her sleep in, but you need to serve fresh breakfast. We’ve even gone the extra mile and given you a few menu suggestions.
1. Avocado toast. Squeeze some fresh orange juice while you’re at it—now is not the time for shortcuts.
2. Fresh baked scones with black currant and rosemary. Serve with piping-hot English breakfast tea or French-pressed coffee.
3. Go classic with eggs made to order, sourdough toast with Irish butter, and bacon or sausage.
1. Full-body exfoliation with sea salt
2. Swedish massage
3. Black clay wrap
4. Indian hemp and vetiver moisturizer
5. Become the favorite child
Feel free to substitute steps one through four with any treatments your spa offers. Step five: mandatory.
Mother’s Day Brunch
We all saw this one coming—but we made it interesting. Keep reading.
• Rooftop brunch. Chilaquiles, lobster scrambles and brioche French toast. If we had it our way, everyday would be chilaquiles day (steak optional). Then there’s the rooftop factor—which skyrockets any meal into the best Mother’s Day meal ever.
• Brunch on the water. Any water will do—oceans, rivers, lakes, creeks, streams, kiddie pools. There’s just something magical about sitting on teak patio furniture, sipping a fresh, cold-pressed watermelon mimosa and enjoying the sunshine.
• Drag brunch. Sipping bloody marys while watching two queens lip sync and dance fight to Beyoncé’s “If I Were a Boy”? Mom will get a kick out of it.
Take her out to some of her favorite shops after you’ve had a couple drinks at brunch. It’ll make buying her a new outfit of the day (#OOTD) even more fun.
Talk to Her
Tell her how much you appreciate everything she’s done for you. Tell her you’re sorry for the mean things you said to her when you were 15. Tell you her you love her.